- The book is edited by pioneers in the field who helped found the multicultural movement in the 1980s.
- A useful five-part, 24-chapter format provides balanced coverage.
- Broad coverage explores a wide range of topics, from spirituality in counseling across cultures to culturally appropriate counseling interventions with diverse client populations.
- Critical Incidents (expanded cases) offer students the opportunity to analyze and think critically about a variety of cultural situations.
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank, is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for use when creating the syllabi for your courses.
- Lively and stimulating ideas for class activities that can be used in class to reinforce active learning. The activities apply to individual or group projects.
- Author-created, chapter-specific case studies provide opportunities for readers to analyze applied situations.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
- Web resources are included for further research and insights.
The open-access Student Study Site includes the following:
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material
- Case studies and discussion questions help students apply chapter principles