Building Skills for Effective Primary Teaching
A guide to your school based training
- Rachael Paige - University of Worcester, UK
- Sue Lambert - Bishop Grosseteste University, UK
- Rebecca Geeson - Bishop Grosseteste University, UK
Primary Professional Studies | Primary Teacher Training | Primary Teaching Placement
This book supports primary trainees and their in school mentors to understand the complex nature of effective learning and teaching in primary schools.
It explores the key skills required, helping trainees begin use them in their teaching, reflect on their development of these skills (with their mentors) and evaluate their impact on learning.
This book supports and challenges primary trainee teachers and their mentors (both school based and university/SCITT based) by offering a range of approaches, strategies and perspectives to aspects of primary teaching.
This new edition:
· Includes practical guidance for building resilience
· Explores the latest teaching approaches being trialled in schools
· Supports trainees to work with their in school mentor
· Includes new chapterss on professional identity and professional responsibilities
Feedback from students is very positive for this book. It was highly recommended by those that chose to use it.
This is a student friendly, pragmatic text that meets the needs of undergraduate ITT students.