Series Preface to Classroom Insights
About the Authors
1. English Language Arts in the Early Years of School: Priorities and Consequences
2. Do Young Children Find Informational Books Hard to Understand?
3. Are Young Children Really Interested in Informational Books?
4. What Should I Consider When Selecting Informational Books?
5. How Can I Use Shared Informational Book Reading in my Classroom to Build Children's Reading Skills and Background Knowledge?
6. How Can I Incoporate Writing With Informational Books?
7. How Can Parents Use Informational Books to Support Children's Learning?
References for Children's Books
References for Research Sources