The information is presented in a straightforward and simple format, practical for finding clear answers to complex questions. For easy access, the book is organized into the following five intervention categories: Interpersonal Relationships, Skill-Based Treatment Programs, Cognitive Methods,Physiological/Biological/Neurological Approaches, and Other Treatments and Interventions. Each category contains several detailed reviews, including:
- A description of the intervention or treatment
- Reported benefits and effects associated with its use
- A synthesis of how the outcomes relate to individuals with ASD
- A discussion of who is best qualified to implement the intervention, including when and where
- Potential costs and risks
Comprehensive in scope, this resource briefly evaluates over 40 commonly used and purported interventions and treatments for individuals with ASD, as well as detailed evaluations of their utility and efficiency. It will assist readers in critically evaluating and choosing those methods that have the highest probability of yielding benefits for this special population.