Assessment has become an increasingly complex area for primary schools in recent years, with schools and academy trusts trying to create their own ways of assessing without levels. Trainee teachers find it hard to understand key principles in assessment when practice in each of their school experiences is so varied. This 'essentials' text supports trainee and beginning teachers to understand the current context and consider essential principles for good practice in primary assessment.
- features explanations of key terminology
- includes practical examples from classrooms and schools
- supports teacher assessment literacy
- explores the assessment system as a whole
- covers formative and summative assessment, pupil progress, data and moderation.