Combining key statistical concepts with detailed technical advice, it addresses common themes and problems presented by real research, and shows you how to adjust your techniques and apply your statistical knowledge to a range of datasets. It also embeds code and software output throughout and is supported by online resources to enable practice and safe experimentation.
The book includes:
· Original case studies and data sets
· Practical exercises and lists of commands for each chapter
· Downloadable Stata programmes created to work alongside chapters
· A wide range of detailed applications using Stata
· Step-by-step guidance on writing the relevant code.
This is the perfect text for anyone doing statistical research in the social sciences getting started using Stata for data analysis.
Student Resources (Free to access)
- Stata codes and data sets
Teaching Resources (Log-in needed)
- PowerPoint slides for each chapter
- Links to videos that expand on topics covered in the book
- Further reading recommendations and weblinks
- Testbank containing questions related to the book’s key concepts