How does advertising position itself in consumer culture? In what ways does it 'create' desire and wants? This richly illustrated, incisive text produces the most complete critical introduction to advertising culture.
Advertising in Modern and Postmodern Times:
- provides a comprehensive discussion of the main theories
- shows you how real adverts work, together with reproductions of advertising images and copy
- demonstrates how advertising constructs subjects
- provides an instructive historical overview of advertising
- explores the relationship between advertising and industrial capitalism.