This is a sophisticated and nuanced introduction to critical discourse analysis (CDA) that covers a range of topics in an accessible, engaging style. With international examples and an interdisciplinary approach, readers gain a rich understanding of the many angles into critical discourse analysis, the fundamentals of how analysis works and examples from written texts, online data and images.
This new edition:
- expands coverage of multimodality
- adds two new chapters on social media and analysis of online data
- supports learning with a guided introduction to each chapter
- includes a new and extended glossary
Clearly written, practical and rigorous in its approach, this book is the ideal companion when embarking on research that focuses on discourse and meaning-making.
- Expanded coverage of multimodality
- Chapters on social media and analysis of online data
- A guided introduction to each chapter
- A new and extended glossary
- Updated pedagogy: student-focussed examples, further reading lists, and tasks/activities